HEATSOLV is a suite of programs for predicting heat flow and
temperatures in foodstuffs.
It uses a finite difference solution
of the 1-D heat equation.
- The user may specify an arbitrary number of time
- The initial temperature distribution may be uniform
- The temperature of the external medium and the
surface heat transfer coefficients can be time varying
- The thermal properties can depend on
temperature, including phase change: these are supplied by the user or
- A number of geometries are supported, as are
- The results of the temperature predictions may
be displayed in various ways:
- T(x,t) vs x, T(x,t) vs t, T(x,t) in 3-D.